Sunday, January 3, 2010

Engagment!

Randy proposed to me December 19th night in Park City where both of our families spent Christmas. He picked me up after my family arrived in Park City, gave me my favorite color of flowers (purple)and took me to get our favorite hot chocolate at 7/11. Afterwards we drove up Deer Valley and looked for a nice spot to see the valley and drink our chocolate.
Once we found a beautiful point, Randy parked and asked me if I'd like to have a car dance (we like to dance to our favorite love songs using open car windows and his car stereo). I said yes, of course, and after finishing half of our hot coco, we went outside to dance.
We talked for a while and eventually our discussion turned into Randy telling me how much he loved me and how important I was to him. He was really sweet and I thought that I might know what was coming so I let me hands brush his pockets. He didn't flinch. He leaned into his car a couple of times to change the song. I looked for signs of a box, but no go. Finally I forgot my hunt and just enjoyed the beauty of the night.
All of a sudden I sensed that Randy's words were starting to culminate into some kind of closing statement. He asked if after knowing everything about him including his strengths and weaknesses if I still wanted to be with him always. I said yes, and then he said "Then I have a question for you." He knelt down, pulled up his right pant leg, revealing a small wooden box concealed in the side of his sock, pulled out the box and said : "Alyssa Brooke Calder - Will you marry me?" I said yes (of course!!!!!!!) and hugged and kissed him while he knelt. Eventually he stood up and twirled me around a bunch of times. He placed the ring on my finger and that was that!
We have been dating since October 15, 2008 and know each other since the January before that. Most people would say that its about time. I say now is the perfect time!
We spent the rest of the Christmas break with our families and each other planning our wedding and falling even more in love! We will be sure to keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment